Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Queen of A Doll’s House: Toneelgroep Amsterdam Stages Ibsen’s “Nora”

For the past few years I’ve been covering IDFA for “Filmmaker,” and whenever I’m in the city of canals I make sure to find time to catch the latest from Toneelgroep Amsterdam, which presents English sur-titled productions (often frustratingly projected too high above the action – please, directors, my neck!) on Thursday nights. Under the artistic leadership of internationally acclaimed Belgian director Ivo van Hove – known mostly to NYC audiences through his longtime relationship with New York Theatre Workshop – the Netherlands’ largest repertory company is shaking up the stage in ways I could only wish the Dutch filmmaking scene would for the screen.


To read the rest visit Filmmaker magazine.

No comments: