Monday, November 15, 2021

What (I Plan) To See At DOC NYC

For a doc geek like me there’s no such thing as a DOC NYC shortlist. Indeed, my original screener request document contained close to 40 feature films – which to be fair is only a third of this year’s feature-length lineup (so I guess I can’t be accused of being all that greedy). That said, since there’s only 24 hours in a day I find it practical to prioritize according to my own idiosyncratic categories. Which basically breaks down into three (often overlapping) sections: Nonfiction Auteurs, Intriguing Character Studies, and Weird Shit. The following is just a baker’s dozen of my highly personal, admittedly incomplete, DOC NYC must-sees. (DOC NYC, “America’s largest documentary festival,” runs in person November 10-18 and online nationwide November 19-28.)
To read my eclectic suggestions visit Hammer to Nail.

No comments: